Other books by Dave Whitaker:

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Family Reading Night

On November 19, I had the wonderful privilege of talking to an audience of about 70 about my books. The focus was on my two works of fiction - Otter and Arthur and the Sword in the Stone and the just-released sequel Otter and Arthur and the Round Table.

Of all the events I've done in support of my books, this has been my favorite. Why? Because it was at my kids' school.

I talked for about 45 minutes about the writing process, how I published my books, when I started writing, and what inspired me to write. I asked the kids what they knew about King Arthur (the basis for my Otter and Arthur books). Afterward, I sold and signed books.
My sons both got in on the act. In the photo at the left, my oldest son was helping collect money for books and distributing them. Meanwhile, at the end of the presentation my youngest son and his friends broke into an impromptu cheer for me!
It was also a special treat to have Gen Goering, the cover artist, there. She signed books as well. Since she is also a parent at the school, it was nice to be able to showcase her work - including the original paintings which became the book covers.
Thank you to everyone who came and made this a very memorable event for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment